Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hey soul sister...

I can not get this song out of my head... But it's cool, because the song is awesome. If you haven't already, download Train's song, Soul Sister, to your ipod... stat. I just got inherited my first i pod from my little sister and I had so much fun putting new songs on it. Now I just need a car* to hook it up to so I can cruise with sweet tunes. :)

*I've decided to go with black instead of the tealish color.

And in honor of the purse party I'm going to tonight, I've been checking out some purse eye candy... Nothing I could ever afford of course, which is why I'm going to a designer knock off purse party tonight, but eye candy none the less...

I also love cupcakes right now... Not so much eating them, but decorating them. (I know, it's my halloween cupcakes, but gimme a break, I got lost for a little while...)I'd like to make some like these:

(love me some Betty Crocker)

As I was sitting in my Visual Communications class the other day... Studying for a test, doodling, and making lists instead of taking notes, I came up with, what seems like at the moment, the most brilliant idea! Use classic/popular examples of different Art movements as inspiration for upcoming projects....


(Art Deco)


("Three Musicians" by Pablo Picasso- Cubism)

(Futurism)

We'll see how that works out, but the pictures and examples of the different art movements are one of the only things that keeps me awake during this class so why not use them to my advantage? :) School is going very well by the way. This is my first semester back after a well needed, looooong break and I'm glad that I finally found something that I'm excited to go to school for. Graphic Design is so appealing to me and Mac computers and Adobe Illustrator are my two new best friends. I love it. I'm about to finish my first semester at Gateway and I am so pumped that I feel like I'm graduating already. Most of you don't know me personally, so let me just tell you that this is a HUGE accomplishment for me. :) I feel like my life is actually going somewhere now!

yay for me! :) Later tater...

5 comments:

Elaine said...

I've missed you. :]
oh and I LOVE the art idea!

Elaine R said...

Hey miss thang. :]

You can check out this post that I did awhile back:
http://alifeincupcakes.blogspot.com/2009/09/squiggles-dots-and-lines.html

it has information about how to start a drawing book, how to get inspired, and what supplies I use.

As for the moleskines= you can buy them at almost ANY bookstore. I know for a fact that Barnes & Noble and Books-a-million carry them for sure. Probably at art stores too. But I know they don't have them at Hobby Lobby.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions!

<3

Elaine said...

Shoot. That link didn't work after I copied it. Try again!

THIS POST!

I hope that works better! SO glad you're starting one!

amy lapi said...

inspired much?! graphic design is SOO cool, congrats.

SuzanneRenee said...

Hi Mollie - I'm so glad that you're blogging again! I've missed you. :) When do you get your new car??? I'm excited for you! I love your Halloween cupcakes too! You rock!